Let's Discuss That Book!
Please login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Let's Discuss That Book!
Please login.
Let's Discuss That Book!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part 2 - Consequence Analyses - January 3 - March 17

3 posters

Go down

Part 2 - Consequence Analyses - January 3 - March 17 Empty Part 2 - Consequence Analyses - January 3 - March 17

Post  rosie8604 Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:40 am

I really thought someone would have started this section by now. I slowed way down on my reading because of work, but I finally finished part 2. So here are my questions to you:

1. Are you starting to enjoy the book more?

2. Which character are you most invested in?

3. What do you think about those names and numbers written in that address book? Do you think they're important? What could they mean? (do not spoil it if you are already past part 2)

4. What do you think about Vanger becoming a partner to Millennium and the decision to announce it the day Blomkvist goes to prison?

5. What did you think when Blomkvist hooked up with Celia?

6. Do you like Celia? Do you think she is an important character to the book?

7. What did you think about the sexual molestation of Salander?

8. What about the rape?

9. Do you think what Salander did in response to the rape was justified or would you have rather her go to the police? Remember this is Sweden, not the US.

10. What do you like and dislike about the book so far?

If anyone has questions they would like to see the answer to please post a topic. I won't be offended here. I'm only doing this because no one else is.

rosie8604

Back to top Go down

Part 2 - Consequence Analyses - January 3 - March 17 Empty Re: Part 2 - Consequence Analyses - January 3 - March 17

Post  Kayla Zarn Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:59 am

1. Are you starting to enjoy the book more? Yes. The further into the story
the more I liked it.

2. Which character are you most invested in? Blomkvist is my favorite, I
prefer his story line to Lisbeth's.

3. What do you think about those names and numbers written in that address
book? Do you think they're important? What could they mean? I'm past this
point, but at the time I had no idea.

4. What do you think about Vanger becoming a partner to Millennium and the
decision to announce it the day Blomkvist goes to prison? It definitely
added shock value and showed that Vanger is a little more scandlous than I
orginialy thought.

5. What did you think when Blomkvist hooked up with Celia? It came out of
nowhere! I thought "What is this?" It's one of those details that could have
been left out, it didn't add much to the story.

6. Do you like Celia? Do you think she is an important character to the
book? I'm not a huge fan, she's very fickle and moody. She wants one thing
and something else minutes later. It seems like her relationship was thrown
in there just to show how Blomkvist will have sex with pretty much any
female.

7. What did you think about the sexual molestation of Salander? It isn't something that I like to read but it's one of the things that makes the story real.

8. What about the rape? Graphic but important. I learned a lot about Lisbeth after seeing her retaliation.

9. Do you think what Salander did in response to the rape was justified or
would you have rather her go to the police? She is always in survivor mode.
It's fight or flight with her and he is someone she has to constantly be in
contact with and going to the police would complicate the situation and make
her life harder than it already is.

10. What do you like and dislike about the book so far? I like the story line. As soon as I pick it up I fall right into Larsson's world. I don't like the random tangents that seem to add nothing important to the reading.
Kayla Zarn
Kayla Zarn

http://lifelovehospitals.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Part 2 - Consequence Analyses - January 3 - March 17 Empty RE: Part 2 - Consequence Analyses - January 3 - March 17

Post  rosie8604 Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:06 pm

1. Are you starting to enjoy the book more? By the end of part 1 I got more involved in the story.

2. Which character are you most invested in? It's really hard for me to forget that I know what's in the next books, so I'll just say I love Lisbeth.

3. What do you think about those names and numbers written in that address book? Do you think they're important? What could they mean? I assume the numbers are important.

4. What do you think about Vanger becoming a partner to Millennium and the decision to announce it the day Blomkvist goes to prison? I was surprised by it. I couldn't believe Berger would shut Blomkvist out like that, but you know what they say about a woman's scorn...

5. What did you think when Blomkvist hooked up with Celia? I hate that Mikael is such a slut.

6. Do you like Celia? Do you think she is an important character to the book? No, I don't like her. I think she is a useless addition and I'm glad they pretty much cute her out of both movies that were made.

7. What did you think about the sexual molestation of Salander? I was shocked by it at first. I didn't realize it was possible to force someone into giving someone else blow job.

8. What about the rape? It's not as graphic as it could have been, clearly if you have seen the movies you would know.

9. Do you think what Salander did in response to the rape was justified or would you have rather her go to the police? Remember this is Sweden, not the US. Yes, I loved it.

10. What do you like and dislike about the book so far? I like everything except for how much of a horn dog Mikeal is and the extra story line that has nothing to do with anything.

rosie8604

Back to top Go down

Part 2 - Consequence Analyses - January 3 - March 17 Empty Re: Part 2 - Consequence Analyses - January 3 - March 17

Post  Bookwyrm Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:55 am

1. Are you starting to enjoy the book more?

Mildly, but I'm still more in "let's get this thing finished" mode. It's not so boring it's painful to read. (And I like the cat.)

2. Which character are you most invested in?

Definitely Salander is the most interesting, but I can't really get "invested" in any of them. I'm not trying to be a spoilsport here, but I've read some amazing books with characters that stay in your mind (and sometimes heart) forever, and, definitely, this is not one of them. I would like to see them all live happily ever after, of course, but I don't REALLY care what happens to them.

3. What do you think about those names and numbers written in that address book? Do you think they're important?

They wouldn't be there if they weren't important. I'll admit, I'm not much of a mystery buff (I think I've said that before), so I'm not too interested in trying to puzzle out clues, I'm content to follow the unfolding story.

4. What do you think about Vanger becoming a partner to Millennium and the decision to announce it the day Blomkvist goes to prison?

I thought it was very clever planning. The characters obviously know their marketing.

5. What did you think when Blomkvist hooked up with Celia?

I'll admit I lost sympathy for him, and it really doesn't seem to be relevant to the storyline.

6. Do you like Celia? Do you think she is an important character to the book?

We don't know enough about her to invest anything much in her. There's nothing to make you care about her.

7. What did you think about the sexual molestation of Salander?
8. What about the rape?
9. Do you think what Salander did in response to the rape was justified or would you have rather her go to the police?

I'll answer those together. All of the above give a great deal of insight into Salander. Just because of the character she is, I was not surprised to have something like that happen. And I loved her revenge. It is totally in character for her. But, remember, I read fantasy. I like characters who aren't tied to "real world" rules. Salander is almost more of a fantasy character than a real person to me. (In fact, she would be a perfect fit in an urban fantasy, just throw in a few special powers... I keep expecting her to do something magic.)

10. What do you like and dislike about the book so far?

I pretty much keep turning pages looking for another section about Salander. I "get" the storyline, but I'm still waiting for the story to have a point, if that makes any sense.

I tend to like to analyze a book after I've read the whole thing. I'll probably have a few questions to throw out at the end.
Bookwyrm
Bookwyrm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down